Bydgoszcz is an excellent place for investment. Constant development of the city in the economic, scientific and cultural field can strengthen its position in Poland and Europe. Open-minded, well educated people with an innovative way of thinking and a positive attitude to life are the strength of the city. We invite you to discover its potential. Why choose Bydgoszcz? Investments in this place simply pay off.
Bydgoszcz - No. 1 for Business
BYDGOSZCZ IS THE BEST CITY TO INVEST ACCORDING TO THE INDEPENDENT WORD BANK REPORT "DOING BUSINESS IN POLAND 2015"
Bydgoszcz has always been an important economic centre. Formerly, the city had the only mint in the Kingdom of Poland, and Bydgoszcz itself was one of the largest grain exporters. Today, Bydgoszcz is a home for many renowned businesses and world’s most influential companies. Bydgoszcz attracts investors with its diversified econimic structure well-developed chemical, tool and plastics processing sectors. Leaders in these fields are: Unilever Polska S.A, Neupack Polska Sp. z o.o., PRETTL Adion Polska Sp. z o.o., Wentworth Tech Sp. z o.o., Tyco Electronics Polska Sp. z o.o., Minda KTSN Plastic and Tooling Solutions Sp. z o.o. and many more.
Bydgoszcz can be proud of dynamically developing electric machine and electronic industry. PESA Bydgoszcz S.A. is a leader on the railway vehicle market. The company’s products run on national and foreign rails. What is more, Bydgoszcz is an increasingly important centre of SSC/BPO services. Thanks to Nokia Corporation – the leader in telecommunications, we now have a Global Network Management Centre. Employees of Atos – the leading IT service provider, are regarded as the best and most effective specialists in the concern. An important economic role is also played by financial brokerage centres such as Livingston International – one of the global leaders in the sector, or Bank Pocztowy financial brokerage centre – one of the leading banks in Poland.
Bydgoszcz owes its investment attractiveness to a competitive remuneration level when compared to other cities, availability of qualified engineer, economic and IT specialists, well-prepared investment areas and an open policy of the City Hall which promotes investments and innovations. Low unemployment rate results from a business-oriented attitude and diligence of local community. As a result, a number of Polish and international companies have been successfully running their businesses and giving the best recommendations to the city upon the Brda River.
Bydgoszcz - the most important facts:
- is an important scientific, sports, industrial, administrative as well as cultural centre, characterized by dynamic development,
- with around 350 000 inhabitants is the 8th largest city in the country, and the largest one in the voivodeship,
- has a strength of around 1,1 million people who live within 50 km of the city,
- has great location in the north-central Poland, at the crossroads of national roads and railway routes connecting Warsaw, the Tricity (Gdańk-Sopot-Gdynia) and Poznań, Silesia and the Baltic Coast, east and west of the country, as well as waterway connecting Berlin and Kaliningrad,
- has an international airport within the distance of 3,5 km from the city center and is close to the airports located in Poznań and Gdańsk,
- is created by educated, young people,
- 10 higher education institutions including 2 prestigious universities, from which around 9 000 graduate each year; they study at such faculties, as economy, humanities, engineering, languages, medicine and musical studies,
- has the only international school in the region for the children of the NATO army officers, as well as for the children of international companies’ employees,
- was several times awarded for the attractiveness of domestic and foreign investment opportunities, as well as got high rating score,
- means an environment friendly for business, where educational facilities closely cooperate with the business sector, thus encouraging innovations,
- creates extremely attractive investment opportunities and conditions, such as lower than in other major Polish cities labor costs, as well as great spaces for offices and properties,
- has diversified economy where domestic and foreign companies from various areas can cooperate and adapt to constantly changing market conditions,
- professional investor’s service and assistance in completing all formalities,
- is a place with high life standard, because of attractive prices of properties, diverse cultural, entertainment or music and sports events, as well as great sport facilities, such as golf course,a ski slope or icerink,
- it is called “the green city”, as it takes 2nd place in terms of green areas in the country.
Bydgoszcz is a city which celebrates art. It is most famous for music mainly because of world-famous music and opera festivals. Opera Nova in Bydgoszcz is one of the largest in the country and the Pomeranian Philharmonic Hall, with great acoustics, is regarded as one of the best in Europe. Bydgoszcz is also tightly connected with theatre due to an annual Premiere Festival. Our museums and galleries impress even the most demanding painting, graphics and photography enthusiasts.
Bydgoszcz is not afraid to face new challenges and is eager to host even the most unconventional events. In the heart of the City – the Mill Island, and in the Forest Culture and Leisure Park “Myślęcinek”, the city organises truly unforgettable events. Bydgoszcz Opera Festival or Bydgoszcz Music Festival and many other events attract international attention every year. Artistic cafés and music clubs offer a pleasant escape from everyday turmoil by organising concerts, meetings with artists and poetry. Bydgoszcz is a city where culture sparkles with colours and manifests itself in a variety of sounds and images.
Important cultural events held in Bydgoszcz:
- Premiere Festival – organised every year to present the world premieres of Polish and European theatre performances,
- Bydgoszcz Opera Festival – organised annually since 1994 is the only ballet and music review in Poland,
- The I.J. Paderewski International Piano Competition – organized every three years since 1961 by the I.J. Paderewski Music Society in cooperation with the Pomeranian Philharmonic and the F. Nowowiejski Bydgoszcz Academy of Music; its aim is to promote the wealth of music by Ignacy Jan Paderewski; it is one out of five Polish music competitions which are the members of the World Federation of International Music Competitions in Geneva and the Alink-Argerich Foundation,
- Musica Antiqua Europae Orientalis International Congress and Festival – organised every three years since 1966 is a festival of various music cultures,
- Bydgoszcz Music Festival – an annual event aimed at promoting high culture with a special emphasis on Polish creativity and forgotten compositions by Polish composers,
- Bydgoszcz Musical Impressions – the only festival in Poland and one of the few in the world which presents such a musical diversity. In a few days the city presents several concerts held in concert halls and outdoors, both in the city and in neighbouring areas. The festival presents choirs and chamber orchestras, old-time music groups, instrumental and vocal-instrumental jazz, pop and folk bands,
- Bydgoszcz Water Festival “Set your heading on Bydgoszcz” – a very popular festival, especially among sailors. It consists of boat races, numerous exhibitions, workshops, concerts and happenings.
Bydgoszcz is a city of young and ambitious people who wish to develop their skills and gain qualifications. There is 10 higher education institution. Every year almost 9 thousand of specialists in engineering, education, economy, Information Technology, medicine and music graduate from our schools.
Universities and profiled schools which are developing most dynamically are the Kazimierz Wielki University (www.ukw.edu.pl/strona/english), the University of Technology and Life Sciences which is a prestigious educational facility and the only school in the region which integrates agricultural and technical studies (www.utp.edu.pl/en), the University of Economy (http://wsg.byd.pl/en/index.php?id=2&lang=en) and Collegium Medicum of the Nicolaus Copernicus University (www.cm.umk.pl/en). Moreover, the city can pride itself on the only music academy in the region – the Feliks Nowowiejski Academy of Music (www.amuz.bydgoszcz.pl/en).
In Bydgoszcz representatives of the world of science and business shake their hands and work together on the development of local economy. It is a city where scientists and businessmen take the initiative to increase competitiveness and innovativeness of the region. It is also a place where young people gain knowledge and skills which can then be used on the labour market. And finally, Bydgoszcz is a home for the Regional Innovation Centre and the Regional Innovation Forum – patent, standardization and technical information center, responsible for establishing and strengthening links between science and economy, as well as initiate and implement projects related to the transfer of technology, knowledge and know-how in the region.
International education in Bydgoszcz
- International School of Bydgoszcz is the only international school in the region. It is entitled to grant diplomas which are accepted worldwide. It was opened for children of NATO officers but it accepts both foreign and Polish students (www.isob.ukw.edu.pl).
- High School No. 9 in Bydgoszcz is the only school in the Voivodeship which offers the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme. The diploma frequently allows students to study at the best universities in Europe and other parts of the world (www.lo9gim17.pl).
- The Kazimierz Wielki University Polish Teaching Centre for Foreigners offers Polish language courses for foreigners on various levels (www.ukw.edu.pl – zakładka „Nauka” – „Język polski dla obcokrajowców”)
- Bydgoszcz colleges, academies and universities cooperate in European International Programmes such as Erasmus, CEEPUS or Leonardo da Vinci. The schools also sign agreements with foreign educational institutions in order to promote student exchange.
The city offers excellent conditions for developing sport culture in the City. Due to its convenient location, closeness of the Brda River, the Bydgoszcz Canal and Vistula River, deeply-rooted sport traditions and world-class sport infrastructure, Bydgoszcz has become the “city of sport”.
Bydgoszcz is a city of sport but not only for professionals. Inhabitants of Bydgoszcz can also use well-prepared sport infrastructure. The City offers tennis courts, golf courses, swimming pools, stadiums, ice rinks, shooting ranges, bowling alleys, skate parks and sport halls. What is more, outdoor sport and recreation enthusiasts are encouraged to visit the Forest Culture and Leisure Park “Myślęcinek” with a Recreation Centre comprising of Golf Academy, a ski slope, climbing wall and a bike, roller skates and skateboard rental service. Those wanting to explore Bydgoszcz with saddle are welcome to use the Bydgoszcz Agglomeration Bikes. Those willing to see Bydgoszcz from the perspective of the river can rent water sports equipment from the Bydgoszcz Marina or use the Bydgoszcz’s water trams running along the Brda River and the Bydgoszcz Canal from early June to late October.